Saturday, January 21, 2012

changes

I have changed my blog. As you can see. It is still the same Frances, same witty writing and hilarious commentary. Every now and then, you need to change something and today it happened to be my blog.

Today was Region VII Swimming. Eight high schools' swim teams gather together and compete against each other for the region title. As a team, we took third but we had some region champions. Ellie Peek took first in the 100 yard butterfly. For the more part of the race she was behind Orem's Madison Callaway but then in the last stretch, Ellie took over and beat her by a tiny bit. Robby Glasgow took second in the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 23.08. Both of them will be going to state and competing against all of Utah's best high school swimmers. I will be there cheering them on. They will do great! Our state team always does its best. I still have next year.

Right now, I am looking at a map of the United States and thinking about all of the states I have been to. I can name them all, what I did there and how long I was there fore. California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, District of Columbia, St. Croix, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico. That's a lot. 23 out of the 50. Most people have never been out of Utah. Most people don't even own a passport. I just barely learned that when I applied for my third. I find that to be the saddest thing; that people don't travel. There is so much in this world to see, why not go out and find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment