Sunday, March 11, 2012

default

Yesterday, the YM and YW of my ward went to the Manti Temple to do baptisms for the dead. It is such a beautiful temple and I am considering getting married there, but that's not the important part. The important part is the baptismal font! Oh my gosh. Although the locker rooms were totally primitive, the font was so beautiful. Everything was encased in gold paint, the murals on the walls were fresco and painted with bright colors, you had to walk across a bridge to get to the font and the room was as big as my entire living room, kitchen and three bedrooms put together. The temple workers were really nice and kind of funny.
After we all did about 10 names each, we got dressed and went outside to walk around the temple. To our surprise, there was 4 brides coming out of the temple in their beautiful white dresses. One bride was wearing a winter cape and bright red shoes. Too bad it wasn't cold enough to actually use the cape. They were all really quite beautiful and it was very hilarious to watch the grooms. They were completely in a daze and cracking jokes and being silly.
We took pictures in front of the temple and today during church they were on a poster-board for everyone in the ward to see. I didn't have my makeup done and I looked pretty crummy, but the pictures turned out pretty great.


After our temple trip, we went to the Malt Shoppe in Ephraim. It was so delicious. I had a chicken salad and a chocolate-caramel malt with extra malt. So yummy.
Yesterday was such a sunny delightful day. I wish every day could be like yesterday: my hair cooperated, my skirt was cute, my friends were being funny, I wore my Chucks and no makeup was required. Perfection.





"The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled."

--Henry Adams



No comments:

Post a Comment